Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Wednesday 12/6/2017 Vero Beach Layover

Made the drive over and back to Spring Hill again today - boring but uneventful.  Fred is almost 90 and I'd say his hearing is about 20% (normally) and about 5% when in the car (due to background road noise, I believe).  That mean even yelling was barely an option.  That was unfortunate since I was hoping to catch up on things while in the car.

I got back to the boat at around 9pm (after a quick stop at the Walmart).  The dinghy ride out in the dark was a little nerve wrecking (like many other parts of this adventure).  But as I approached True Blue, I was somewhat unnerved when I saw two masts instead of just one where the MY boat should have been.  As I approached, I realized another boat (with no present owner) had drug anchor and it's bow sprit was up against True Blue's aluminum rub rail.  I had seen the boat several times on my way to and from the marina.  It had a large For Sale sign displayed above the boom.  I spent the next half hour trying to get the boats apart and finally moved True Blue a short distance away.  I had notice during the day (when driving) that there had been a significant south wind but I doubt that it would have been enough to make the other boat drag it's anchor.  Also, the direction didn't seem right (south wind making a boat drag to the east?). 



No comments:

Post a Comment