Thursday, December 28, 2017

End of 2017 Update

My sister (Larri) in Arizona asked me to write down my basic plans for the remainder of my trip and I told her I'd be glad to.  Of course, my plans WILL change (some) and I DO try to be somewhat flexible.  And, of course, the weather will be a major factor in ALL plans. 

1/9 - fly from Harrisburg PA to Sanford FL.  Take a shuttle from Sanford to Vero Beach.
1/9 to 1/11 - do some troubleshooting of the boat's electrical system (my solar panel is not keeping the batteries charged as I had hoped).
1/11 - leave for Miami
1/15 - arrive in Miami - get staged for crossing to Bimini (crossing is typically a 10 hour motor/sail).
1/15 to 1/22 - weather window for crossing
1/22 - Bimini to Barry Islands
1/24 - Barry Islands to New Province (island where Nassau is located).
1/26 - Sail to northern Exumas
1/28 to 2/25 - Cruise mid  to north Exumas (I don't plan on going south to Georgetown).
2/25 to 3/2 - Friend Jordan Snyder to fly into Staniel Cay.  Sail to Eleuthera.
3/2 to 3/15 - Cruise Eleuthera
3/15 to 3/25 - Friend Robert Vantrigt to fly into Governor's Harbour Eleuthera.  Sail to Marsh Harbour, Abaco.
3/27 to 3/30 - Son and family Mike, Jody, Quinn fly into Marsh Harbour, cruise Abaco.
4/1 to 4/5 - Cruise northern Abaco, stage for crossing to Florida
4/5 - Crossing to Florida
4/5 to 5/5 - ICW from Florida to North Carolina
5/5 to 6/1 - ICW from North Carolina to Baltimore


Although I'm really enjoying being home and spending time with Joan, family, and friends, I do find myself often thinking about the boat and looking forward to getting back and continuing with my trip.  I have a number of things I planned on doing while I was home.  I've done some (filing for tax extensions, etc.) but still have a number to do.  I also have a growing list of items to be done when I return to True Blue on 1/9.  I’m not a person who really likes the cold and knowing that True Blue is waiting for me in 75 degree weather is very tempting.  I would normally have my coal stove cranking out the heat but not this winter.  Instead, I'm relying on my heat pump and keeping the thermostat turned down as low as I can tolerate.  I'm spending lots of time in my bedroom where I have a space heater for comfort.  And, of course, I'm counting the days.

1 comment:

  1. That’s great... I took a screen shot of it and will keep it handy. Thx sweetheart! Love and prayers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete