Tuesday, May 1, 2018


Tuesday May 1, 2018 - Cape Island to Butler Island

My plan was to stop at or before Georgetown SC.  I stopped at Georgetown going south and Joan and I visited there when she came down.  I really liked it but I wasn't sure I wanted to revisit it - it is 1.5 miles off the ICW and I would need to re-deploy my dinghy (now snuggled up on the foredeck).  I ended up making good time so I decided to go on past Georgetown to an anchorage on the west side of Butler Island. It is about 10 miles north of Georgetown and about 20 miles south of Osprey Marina where I planned on staying tomorrow.  It seemed like a fairly long day but I only travelled 38 nautical miles.  I had planned on the wind helping me but it didn't pick up till right when I dropped anchor.

I spend the remainder of the afternoon doing boat work.  I needed to adjust the shaft packing and do some other routine engine checks etc.  Butler Island is a big anchorage and two large trollers and two large sailboats came in later in the afternoon.  It was a very nice and peaceful evening and overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment