Wednesday, May 2, 2018


Wednesday May 2, 2018 - Butler Island to Osprey Marina

As usual, I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep so got up around 6am.  I wasn't planning on leaving the anchorage till 7:30 (slack current that would be pushing me from behind).  I made the mistake of leaving at 7 and fought the current for 3 of the 4 hours it took to get to the marina.  I did, however, want to get there as early as possible.  I think leaving an hour early probably got me there 15 minutes earlier. 

I sure do like the Osprey Marina. I think it's my favorite anywhere.  It's very inexpensive and has really nice floating docks, really nice bathrooms, a really nice staff, free donuts and coffee in the morning, and on and on. 

When I got here, I checked in and sat in the (really nice) lounge to update all my devices using their wifi.  Then I came back and did some boat cleanup.  My anchor locker has been in need of a major cleaning and organizing - so that was first.  Cleaning the topsides was next.  Tomorrow morning, the whole boat will get a good fresh water hose down. 

The weather today was fantastic.  Another day of perfect weather.  How much longer can this last??

No comments:

Post a Comment