Saturday, November 11, 2017

Friday 11/10/2017 - Osprey Marina Layover


Of course, I knew today was my 70th birthday but it was nice that my phone reminded me when I first woke up around 5:30 this morning.  I was looking forward to Joan's arrival today but her flight got cancelled so we will have to (hopefully) wait till tomorrow.  It was a cool but beautiful day with lots of sun.  I did a little boat work - some minor sail repair and finished getting my new Mantus anchor all rigged up.

Having been here at Osprey for over a week, I'm beginning to feel like I'm on a merry go round.  People are coming and going all the time.  It's been fun because I've been able to meet a number of really nice cruisers.  Today, one of the cruisers staying here agreed to show several of us their slide show of the circumnavigation they did 40 years ago.  It was fascinating and very interesting.  In fact, it was the highlight of my day!  Of course, they were around 30 at that time.  Then, 18 years later, they made essentially the same trip (but on a newer boat - a Vallient 40 which they now have) with their two boys (age 9 and 11).  Kitty told me all about how the school system sent them books so they could home school for the 4 years between 1987 and 1991.  Below is a short video of Scott, Kitty to my right, and the "audience".   Meeting people like this is what makes a trip like this so meaningful - to me.


1 comment:

  1. Days come and go! But your still working on your cruise and travel back home in the future. All good things to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete