Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thursday 11/30/2017 - Titusville to Melbourne

My friend Fred Chance (who I met up with in St. Augustine almost a  week ago) had gone to Melbourne to visit an old high school friend.  He called and asked me to get together with he and his friend for dinner.  My plan was to motor the 30+ miles to Melbourne and meet up with them.  I wanted to anchor out of the "Squid Lips" restaurant on the north side of the Eau Gallie Bridge but with the north wind, it was just too rough.  It was just as well because my plan B was to go through the bridge and into the Eau Gallie River.  I was still planning on anchoring but I ended up going to the Eau Gallie Yacht Basin - a somewhat run down marina but with LOTS of character and a nice staff.  Did I mention that they have GREAT wifi?!! 

So, Fred and his friend picked me up at around 6 and we went out to dinner at the local "senior" restaurant.  It was certainly much more than I could eat for a very reasonable price.  

No comments:

Post a Comment