Friday, March 23, 2018


Friday March 23, 2018 - Layover in Green Turtle Cay

This morning was devoted to laundry.  The boat yard had washers and dryers but they are currently not operating because they don't use city water and their storage of rain water was running low.  So it was buckets in the cockpit and lifeline drying. 
At around 9am, I dinghied over to Steve's boat where he gave me a nice tour. Steve's began as an auto mechanic and later turned to electronics, computers, and networking.  It shows in his boat because he has made numerous mechanical and electrical modifications and upgrades.  I picked up a number of good ideas from looking at, and talking about, some of his work.  I was also amazed at how much room he had on a 27' sailboat. I'm certain he has more room than my Pearson 31.  And, unlike the Pearson, he has nearly every square inch of wall, bilge, and overhead space utilized.
At 6pm, I walked to town with Steve and several other cruisers for a short pub crawl, then dinner at 2 Shorty's, then back to Pineapples where our dock master Kevin was playing keyboard and singing.  Unfortunately, the wind was blowing 20 and the temperature had dropped to about 70 and we were all freezing.  So it was back to the boat by 10 for a cup of hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment