Tuesday, March 6, 2018


Tuesday March 6, 2018 - Layover in Rock Sound

Mike and Lisa left early for Spanish Wells.  They wanted to be ahead of the weather that is coming tomorrow and Thursday.  I topped off my water first thing in the morning and then moved the boat about a mile north so I could go to the grocery store at the north end of town. 

In the afternoon, I did some bottom scrubbing on True Blue, took a shower and then went to a cruisers roundup at the Frigate Restaurant very close to where I was anchored.  I met several interesting people.  It does impress me how much MORE experienced I am that many of the people at my home marina but how much LESS experienced I am than people I meet here in the Bahamas.  As an example, one couple, Fred and Debbie are around 45 or 50.  They have a Caliber 40 that they keep in Oriental NC and live in Cincinnati Ohio.  They both retired from IBM at very early ages and have been cruising the Caribbean and Bahamas every year for the last 15 years. 

I left the party around 5:30 and moved True Blue south about 4 miles to the south end of the sound since the wind was forecasted to veer around to the south over night.  I dropped the anchor just after a beautiful sunset. 

My friend Robert comes Thursday and he and I are both trying to figure out how we are going to meet up since the entire west coast of Eleuthera is supposed to be rough on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment