Saturday, March 3, 2018


Saturday  March 3, 2018 - Layover in North Rock Sound

The first thing I did this morning (after having coffee, of course) was to move the boat North about a mile.  When I first came over to the west side, the winds were more west.  Also, the only boats up here were 3 catamarans and a small trawler (all have less draft than me).  The charts show just 3 to 4 feet in this area but when I saw a couple larger monohulls up here, I decided it was time for me to move again.  I was glad I did because between 7am and noon, the wind went from N at 15 to N25.  It was still rough but not as much as it would have been if I had stayed.  And the water depth is 6 to 7' so no problem there.
It was a pretty uneventful day.  With the wind and the boat rolling around, I didn't get much done - nothing that can't wait till tomorrow!

I did have a good phone conversation with my crew member Robert Vantrigt.  Robert lives in Middle River MD.  He has a Pearson Triton sailboat and, like me, is a part time crew member on SV Buggs (that's where I met Robert).  Robert is flying over to Eleuthera on Thursday and will be with me for 12 days.  He is flying into Governor's Harbour.  We will spend 3 or 4 days in Eleuthera and then make a passage up to the Abacos  where we will meet up with our friend Steve and his girlfriend Linda who just flew into Marsh Harbour a few days ago.  I'm looking forward to some social contact with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment