Saturday, March 24, 2018


Saturday March 24, 2018

This morning was blog time.  I spent most of the morning writing and uploading recent videos.  The battery in my laptop is almost dead (holds a charge for about 10 minutes) so I'm sitting at the Pineapples bar uploading and writing.  They don't open for business till 11 so I think I'm OK.

The forecast was for winds to get much lighter today but they have veered to the NE and are still above 15.  I was hoping/planning on getting south of "The Whale" today but that is starting to look doubtful.  My son Mike and his family are flying into Marsh Harbour on Tuesday and I will meet them there.

I left the dock around 11:30am and headed out of Black Sound.  The winds were east around 10 to 12 knots.  It is about 5 miles past No Name Sound (where they have more Pigs for the tourists) to The Whale.  I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it through today but I could see other boats heading north so I decided to give it a go.  It was much rougher than when I had come north with Robert but I made it around without too much trouble.  The swell was about 3 to 4'. 

By the time I got down to the north end of Man O War Cay, it was after 5 so I quick showered, ate and fell asleep at around 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment