Saturday, January 20, 2018

Saturday January 20, 2018  Layover at Boca Raton

I spent the first 3 hours drilling holes in fiberglass (makes me cringe just thinking about it) and installing tie down eyes in the back of the boat.  It went well and I feel the generator will be secure in heavy seas.  I used all self tapping screws and may want to switch to machine screws later.  I think the nylon eyes will break before the screws pull out since the fiberglass in that area was fairly thick.

Then I filled the generator with its first batch of oil.  That went well also and, with the exception of adding gas, the generator is ready to generate!


I'm playing catch up (it's now 1/23) and I just realized I had my days messed up.  I'm not sure what I did the remainder of the day on Saturday - must have napped all afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment