Thursday, January 18, 2018

Thursday 1/18/2018 - Layover in North Lake Worth

I had planned on making a short (15 to 20 mile) day today but I got lazy and decided to stay put and do some boat work.  I wanted to finalize some temporary solar panel/controller wiring I had done recently.  That took about 3 hours and went pretty well.  It's nice to no longer have wires with alligator clips running all over the chart table.  I also replaced a cheap 12 volt/usb outlet with another cheap (but better) outlet.  By noon, I had convinced myself that there was no good reason to rush to Miami.  How much warmer could it be just 60 miles south?? 

The highlight for the day was spending over an hour on the phone with Bruce Dandt talking about my favorite subject.  He is so full of good advice and is so willing to share it with newbie Ron.  Bruce and his wife Gayleen have been to the Bahamas 5 out of the last 5 years but this year, they are leaving in March and heading north to their previous home in (I think) New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment