Monday, February 5, 2018

Monday February 5, 2018 - North West Channel (Barry Islands) to West Bay (New Province).


New Province is the island that has the city Nassau. I used to think Nassau was an island but it isn't.  We (about 5 boats) left the anchorage at 7am sharp (sunrise) and mostly motor sailed about 51 miles.  So, in the last two days, I've covered about 120 miles.  That's pretty good for me!  And, it gets me a lot closer to where I'm going (Exumas, Eleuthera, Abacos).  I feel like I can really begin relaxing.  Well, not quite yet!  I just checked the forecast and the wind is supposed to be from a good direction to sail from here to Highborn Cay in the northern Exumas.  I still have plenty of fuel but I would like to fill up in Highborn.  After that, the wind will be East for several days.  So tomorrow will put me in the Exumas and THEN I can relax.  I'm planning on being there for almost a month before I leave for Eleuthera.  It was nice to get in at around 4 today but there is lots to do and it seems like I'm always playing catch-up.  

2 comments:

  1. Ron,
    I'm glad you are in a fixed location now. Hope you can enjoy what the island has to offer and get some rest. Keep us in mind with more cold and snow in the forcast.

    Biff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ron,
    So I found your link:) Thanks for calling earlier today and letting Dawn and I know how things are going. Sounds wonderful, and as I said, it makes us smile knowing that True Blue aka (formerly) Forever Dawn and you are enjoying your voyage.
    Fair Winds!!
    Ralph and Dawn

    ReplyDelete