Tuesday, February 27, 2018


Tuesday February 27, 2018 - Rock Sound Layover

Things are definitely slowing down (in addition to the wind).  I spent the morning piddling around the boat.  When I do a passage like I did yesterday, I do a lot to prepare the boat for rough weather/seas.  I hope it's overkill but it's nice to only have to worry about the things I have no control over.  I do have control over the dinghy, the loosely tied solar panels on the bimini, etc..  So this morning, I undid all the things I did yesterday morning.  We had a fair amount of dew this morning so I wiped some of that up (to remove the salt).

At around 10am, my new friend Mike dinghied by as he was going to shore for fuel.  His wife Lisa was out for a bike ride to the East side of the island.  Mike and I agreed we were going to have lunch together at Sammy's.  He later called Lisa and she met us there.  My conch burger and yellow label Guinness was great.  They didn't open for lunch until 11:45 but they fed us early because Mike and Lisa had to be at Customs at around 1pm to renew their passports.  It's great how accommodating people here in the Bahamas can be.

After lunch, I dinghied in with a couple water jugs and got water to rinse off the boat.  I do my best to keep from tracking salt into the boat but it makes it hard when it's all over the decks. 

What happened to the rest of the afternoon?  I'm not really sure.  I'm on vacation in the Bahamas!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Ed's been keeping me abreast of your journey so far! I can't wait to get back there, especially after reading about that conch burger! Sounds like you are enjoying yourself! Isn't it fun meeting new friends?

    ReplyDelete