Thursday, February 1, 2018




Thursday February 1, 2018 - Crandon Park Marina to No Name Harbor

I was off the mooring around 8am and on my way to No Name Harbor.  It is a very well known anchorage for people planning on crossing to the Bahamas.  It is about as far south as you can get on the island of Key Biscayne.  I assumed there would be no room for me but I wanted to enter the harbor and look around - if for no other reason than to say I'd been there.  I pulled in around noon and was surprised to find a small spot on the east side of the anchorage.  I asked a young man on the boat next to me if he minded me squeezing in between he and the next boat.  He said another boat had just left the spot and that it would be fine.  He had out just 25' of chain and there wasn't much wind in the forecast so it looked like a "fit".  He (Philip) and his wife Katy were on a C&C 31 (Tuesday) and were also planning on leaving in the morning.  They had been there several days waiting.  They left about an hour after me in the morning but we ended up sailing to the same marina in Bimini, to the same anchorage in the Berries, and then to the same anchorage in New Province.  I spent the afternoon tying everything down and making my calls/text, etc. to my loved ones.  Then I was off to bed around 8pm. Surprisingly, I slept fairly well.

This is a screen print from Passage Weather showing the Gulf Stream




No comments:

Post a Comment