Saturday, February 17, 2018


Saturday February 17, 2018  Black Point to South Great Guana Cay

I've been working feverishly since 6:30am to process and post videos since my Bahamas phone "combo plan" runs out today.  I'm "proud" to say I've used over 7 gb of data in the last 2 weeks.  Don't plan on a lot of videos after today.  It's been fun but it does take a lot of time so my next phase is to spend more time enjoying.  Monday is supposed to bring a couple days of east wind (20 to 30).  My plan is to go to the south end of Great Guana today and then head back north to the Staniel Cay area until later next week when I'll return to the Exuma Land and Sea Park at Warderick Wells.


I know I make lots of apologies for the quality of my videos but if you take a look at the video below, you will understand why.  This Swedish couple produce a youtube video about once a week and this is their latest. The channel is RAN Sailing (RAN pronounced Ron - but that's not why they are my favorite channel).  Their names are Juan and Malin and I've been watching their videos for a little over a year.  Here is what I like about their videos:
1.      Sound is great.  They use external mics to avoid wind noise.  They also do some voice overs during the editing process.
2.      Video quality is fantastic - they have some expensive cameras with stabalization, good optics, etc.
3.      They incorporate great music at the right time and reduce the volume of the video.
4.      They have a drone for great fly overs.
5.      They have a Go Pro for nice underwater shots
6.      They do a great job combine shore trips and sharing lots of the local culture.
7.      They do a great job of showing many aspects of cruising
8.      Their English is great.  She also speaks French and Spanish (besides Sweedish).


1 comment:

  1. Ron,
    you were right about Juan and Malins videos. Quality is perfect.Don't beat your self up over quality. Content is more important.Keep it coming. Snowing in York. Would you rather be here ?

    ReplyDelete