Wednesday, February 7, 2018


Wednesday February 7, 2018  Layover at Allen's Cay

I'm so glad the days are getting longer.  It's so hard to get things done after the sun goes down.  About 2/3 of the time, I fall asleep on the couch (settee) at around 7 or 8 and then wake up and midnight and go to bed.  Of course, then I wake up at 5 and lay there for a half hour until I finally get up.  I can actually get a fair amount done in the morning - even though the sun doesn't come up until almost 7.

So, today started out as one of those days.  I stayed at anchor at Allen's Cay all day.  The wind was pretty strong in the morning but in the afternoon it died down to about 10.  It was nice and sunny all day and very warm.  I scraped some barnacles off the bottom of the keel (was a good excuse to go for a swim and cool off).  I also got the dinghy back in the water - an ordeal that takes about 3 hours.  And, I changed the oil in the engine. 

I also decided today to just use my laptop for emails - it's soooo much easier. 

Tomorrow should be a low wind day and I'm planning on going 2 or 3 miles south to Highborn Cay for fuel and water and then I'll be on my way south. 




Hey!  This visitor is all mine!  Back off!

Looks like I wasn't the only one wanting to see the Iguanas on Leaf Cay

Ocean (East) side of Leaf Cay

This is why I came here!






1 comment:

  1. Nice choice. The anchorage in between Allens Cay, Leaf Cay, and SW Allens Cay is a real pretty one. And now that you've arrived in the Exumas, all of your hops will be short ones until you leave for Eluthera or the Abacos. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete