Saturday, February 24, 2018


Saturday February 24, 2018 - Big Majors Spot to Warderick Wells

Today was a great day.  I finally made it to my destination in the Exumas - Warderick Wells Exuma Land and Sea Park.  I had wanted to stop her when I helped my friend Captain Phil bring his boat up from St. Thomas 4 years ago.  This was going to be my destination going south in the Exumas on this trip but I got over here so fast, I had plenty of time so I decided I'd pass it by and continue going south.  I figured I'd stop here on my way back north and use Warderick Wells as a jumping off point for going to Eleuthera. It has all worked out perfectly.

I left Big Majors early this morning and sailed the 20 miles north. The wind was blowing 15 to 25 but it was a broad reach most of the way so it went pretty quick (it helps to be doing over 6.5 to 7 knots - with a double reefed main and reefed genoa).  I got here at 11.  I had called yesterday and requested a mooring near the park headquarters and they honored my request and put me on the second ball out.  It was perfect.  I went for a two hour hike and before I knew it, it was time for the Saturday cruisers pot luck get together on the beach.  It was so close, I rowed the dinghy back to the boat. I met several other cruisers and ate lots of great finger food.  As soon as the sun set, everyone made a mad dash for their boats. 

Video - Exuma Land and Sea Park


Cherry ran the Land and Sea Park Office


No comments:

Post a Comment