Saturday, April 14, 2018


Friday April 14, 2018 - Daytona to Palm Coast

I was up early but so were all the other cruisers.  I think I was the last boat headed north to leave the Daytona area.  Of course, I took the time to get the dinghy on deck and lash it down (about an hour).  I think I was underway around 7:30am.  I had a SSE wind between 10 and 15 most of the morning but I was fighting the current.  The net effect was around 4.5 to 5 knots most of the 20 miles it took to get to Palm Coast.  A single hander I had talked to in Solomons MD had told me about the Palm Coast Marina when I ran into him just north of there last December.  He told me they had a few $20 slips.  I had called then and they were booked up.  But today, when I called, they had one available.  They call them "No Frills" slips - because they have neither water or electric.  I'm used to being on my own for electric and I had enough water so it sounded good. 

The Palm Coast Marina is about 200 feet up a canal that goes west of the ICW so it is very handy.  I had a little trouble finding my slip (ended up turning into a very narrow fairway for small power boats).  Once I got turned around and headed for the slip, I didn't have the right lines set up and ended up being very thankful for the 4 live aboards that helped me get into the slip without banging into anything.  It is a nice marina and well worth the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment