Sunday, April 15, 2018


Sunday April 15, 2018 - Layover in Palm Coast

The Palm Coast Marina is in a very non commercial area - with one exception.  About a 10 minute walk from the marina is a large complex called the European Courtyard.  It is like a mini Epcot Center.  It has 4 or 5 nice restaurants and 10 or 15 other shops.  It is a little unusual but very nice.  One of the restaurants is a fairly upscale Indian place.  After scoping it out yesterday, I decided to try their lunch buffet today.  A fairly major storm was on the way so I went early and at three meals in one sitting. It was excellent but I suffered on the walk back from overeating. 

This morning, I did wash and sat in the lounge and had morning coffee with the local cruisers.  It's funny - they are all from the "No Frills" side of the marina.  Nice bunch anyway.  I like this place. 

At about 4pm, the first wave of the storm hit. It didn't last long but the squall line had lots of rain and gusts up to around 50 knots.  I was glad I had added that second spring line.  The second batch is supposed to come through at around 8pm.

European Village















Visited all but Rum Cay and Andros


No comments:

Post a Comment