Wednesday, April 4, 2018


Wednesday April 4, 2018 - Layover in Vero Beach

This morning, I noticed that the SV Tamure had a dinghy tied to the stern.  This is the boat belonging to Scott and Kitty that I had met at Osprey Point in Myrtle Beach last November.  I knew they were headed for Vero Beach.  They were on the mooring when I arrived here, were there when I left for home over the holidays, were here when I returned in January and were here when I left for the Bahamas.  Their boat was here but I never saw them.  So, I dinghied over and re-introduced myself. They are an awesome couple with an awesome (Valient 40 boat).  They have sailed around the world twice - once in their 20s and again when their kids were teenagers.  Both times took 4 years.  Scott is having a lot of medical issues and they were leaving today to fly to Connecticut for a month so he could get medical treatment.  I helped them get their dinghy on board and with a couple other small items. Anyway, it was nice to visit and be able to give them a hand.

The remainder of the day, I made a provisioning run to Publix, did laundry, and spent some time on the internet looking up some boat parts I'll be needing soon.  Some of my 20 year old blocks (pulleys) have simply worn out and need to be replaced.  I met another cruiser (Bert) whom I had met in Rock Sound, Eleuthera and had a nice chat with him. I had a nice, relaxing afternoon/evening and enjoyed having a beer and lots of snacks (I ran out of snack food over a week ago and refused to pay $7 for a small box of Wheat Thin crackers). 

No comments:

Post a Comment