Wednesday, April 18, 2018


Wednesday April 18, 2018 - Layover in Fernandina

I took the dinghy in to the Fernandina Marina around 11am.  My friend Wolfgang keeps his Pacific Seacraft 34 in one of the slips.  The marina continues to have a fair amount of damage from hurricane Mathew.  But the biggest issue is silt.  At low tide, about 60 percent of the slips are sitting in mud.  One cruiser I met later in Brunswick had left his dinghy tied up the dinghy dock and when he returned, it was sitting on mud.  They had to wait 5 hours before the tide came in so they could get back to their boat. 
Wolfgang and I went to lunch at the Salty Pelican. It is a pretty cool restaurant, very close to the water.  After lunch, Wolfgang went back to his boat "Yankee" to finish some boat work he had started in the morning.  I spent 2 or 3 hours walking around the town.  Did I already say "I love the town of Fernandina"? 

Salty Pelican Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment