Monday, April 23, 2018


Monday April 23, 2018 - Layover at Fort Frederica

Today began at about 3am when the thunderstorms and driving rain began.  I got up and turned on my anchor alarm and activated the tracking on my inside chart plotter.  I went back to bed but didn't get much sleep.  Everytime the wind would blow and the boat would heel to 10 to 15 degrees, I'd check my track.  I never did drag but my anchor alarm did sound at around 7am when the wind shifted and caused my distance to go over the alarm setpoint.  At around 10am, the rain stopped and for several hours, things dried out a little.  I ran the generator and took a cockpit shower (the wind had subsided).  It rained again for an hour in the early afternoon.  After it stopped and dried out again, my new friend Wayne paddled over for a visit.  The sun had come out briefly and it warmed up quickly.   We visited for a couple hours and then the weather began to threaten again.  Isolated thunderstorms were going around us to the north and the south - with some sprinkles and wind but no direct hits.  The rest of the evening and overnight was pretty benign and I got a good night's sleep (after falling asleep in the quarterberth at around 8pm). 

No comments:

Post a Comment