Tuesday, April 10, 2018


Tuesday April 10, 2018 - Layover in Titusville

If you don't like to read crying and complaining, stop reading.
First, I had to get towed back to the boat late yesterday afternoon.  The dinghy motor just would not start (and still won't).  While Keith and I were at the local brewpub (Playalinda's), it poured rain.  When I got back to the marina, I tried to use the internet for some help troubleshooting my autopilot - the internet was not working.  So I took a shower and when I went to start the motor to head back to the boat - nothing.  One of the dock hands said he was a mechanic so I let him try - nothing.  Fortunately, my friend Bruce had finished celebrating his wife Gayleen's birthday and came in to tow me back out.  At Titusville, it is quite a haul from the Marina to the Mooring field. - THANK YOU Bruce!! 
This morning, the battery in my primary cell phone was dead and would not recharge.  I did finally baby it back to working but I know it is on it's last leg.  My laptop battery is already gone - I need to order a new one - I was hoping to make it home so I could just get a new laptop - but I'll have to do both.

This morning, as I was preparing to make coffee, I dropped the container holding the grounds and spilled grounds all over the stove top and behind the stove.  What a mess.  The good thing was I got the vacuum out and ended up doing some needed boat cleanup. 

I know I'm a better sailor than some but it is humbling to be around people like Bruce and Keith.  They both make things look so easy - that I almost agonize over.  For example, Bruce keeps his dinghy (a RIB with an aluminum bottom) on davits.  It takes him about 2 minutes to store and raise his dinghy.  In the time it takes me to unload a couple things and tie my dinghy to a cleat, he is inside his boat relaxing.  Sometimes it seems like nothing is easy!  Of course, I know it's all relative.


It's now 4:30pm.  The outboard motor is fixed (installed a new spark plug but I'm almost sure the old one was OK - the engine was just flooded yesterday).  Got the phone working, and cleaned up the coffee mess.  And - it stopped raining - I'm in at the marina uploading blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment