Saturday, April 28, 2018


Saturday April 28, 2018 - Layover in Beaufort SC

I'd say the weather the last 3 or 4 days has been the best weather I've had on my entire trip.  Days around 80,  cloudless, nights around 60, low humidity, nice breezes in the afternoon, calm at night - PERFECT by MY criteria.  Also, when I've wanted to move, the wind has been behind me.  So that's another plus.

This morning, I got up and treated myself to a nice breakfast.  I was cleaning out the fridge because I was making a grocery run today. At around 9am, I dropped my mooring and motored in to the "day dock" next to the marina.  I went to the marina office, checked out their "loaner" car and went to the Bi-Low grocery store about 3 miles away.  They had lots of things I needed that were BOGO "with card" so I naturally asked what I needed to do to get that "card".  They told me they would just give me the discount. It never hurts to ask! 

I moved the boat back to a mooring at around 2pm and spent the remainder of the afternoon there.  At about the same time, my new friend Wayne arrived and took a mooring next to me.  At around 4, he dinghied over we chatted for a while.  He was going bar hopping this evening and that really wasn't something I felt much like doing, so I stayed behind to plan my next two days on the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment