Thursday, April 12, 2018


Thursday April 12, 2018 - Titusville to New Smyrna

I was up early this morning.  I needed to remove the motor from the dinghy and remove the mainsail cover before leaving the anchorage.  Everything went well and I left the anchorage at 7am.  There is a fairly large body of water between the railroad bridge and Haulover Canal.  It was still a little breezy from the north but not too rough.  Haulover Canal divides this body of water and Mosquito Lagoon on the east side.  The canal is only about a half mile long and there were lots of Manatee swimming around in and around both ends of the canal.  After I exited the canal, I raised the mainsail for a little extra push and to let it dry out. 

I arrived at New Smyrna about 1pm, anchored just below the 65' bridge and took the dinghy into town.  New Smyrna has a historic district that is nice but really didn't seem that historic.  I would have had lunch at the Tai restaurant in town but I had left my wallet on the boat. 

I got back to the boat around 4pm and did some boat work, took a shower, ate dinner and just relaxed most of the evening.  There is a fair amount of current here but there is no wind this evening and it is VERY still - just the way I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment