Sunday, April 29, 2018


Sunday April 29, 2018 - Beaufort SC to S. Charlestown

Today I planned on making some good progress - and I did.  I motor sailed (mostly just motored) about 50 miles and I'm now anchored about 10 miles below Charlestown.  It was a pretty uneventful day - no groundings although there were some numbers in the high 4s.  The wind was from the North most of the day and was fairly strong (15 to 20) at times.  Right now, it is dead calm (8:40pm).  Tomorrow I'll be giving a pass through Elliot's Cut one more try.  It is a section of the ICW that is about 1/4 mile long with current that sometimes reaches 6 knots.  I thought I had it timed perfectly when I came south and ended up bucking a 4 knot current.  I chose my anchorage for tonight to "stage" for tomorrows second attempt.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your updates. We enjoy your style andcheck on you progress each day. We hope to put sails on Imagine this week. It's time.

    ReplyDelete