Sunday, April 8, 2018


Sunday April 8, 2018 - Layover in Titusville

Titusville is the town that supported the Kennedy Space Center for many years.  I didn't realize this but the Space Center has been in decline for a number of years and, with it's decline, the town has also declined.  It is a fairly small town but many of the stores and downtown are look like somewhat of a ghost town.  Apparently the private (Elan Musk) Space X program that is using the space center has brought back many jobs and the town is going through somewhat of a revival.  I dinghied in this morning to do some computer work and wanted to go to the local grocery store - but forgot to bring my shoes so I guess I'll make due with what I have on board for another few days.

Change of plans - the wind veered to the north so I left the mooring around 11am and headed for an anchorage on the south side of the East section of causeway for the railroad bridge about 1.5 miles north of Titusville.  I figured I'd have a much better night sleep since I'd be protected from the north wind and I could come back in the morning.  What I didn't count on was the very shallow entrance into the anchorage.  It was mid tide and I barely scooted in.

1 comment: