Friday, April 13, 2018


Friday April 13, 2018 - New Smyrna to Daytona

I was in no rush this morning since my plan was to go to an anchorage not far to the north of New Smyrna.  I wanted to be there for low tide which was at 1:30pm.  I figured I'd get there a little early to get a spot left by another anchoring cruiser.  When I did get there, I found only two boats anchored (In Rockhouse Creek).  I'm not sure why they call this creek Rockhouse since there are no houses and no rocks - that I saw.  But, at low tide, there are lots of sand bars that become exposed and several very nice white sand beaches that the local power boaters take advantage of for laying in the sun.  I took the dinghy to one of the beaches.  The dinghy had been in the water for almost two weeks so I took the motor off, stood it on it's side and scrubbed the bottom.  In that much time, small barnacles will start to form all over the bottom and it will get a good start on some nice slime that makes a mess of the deck when you put it on the foredeck of True Blue.  It worked out pretty well. 

When I got back to the boat, I dove on the prop because my speed seemed lower than what I thought it should be.  Everything  was fine except that my old zinc was loose on the prop shaft.  I'll need to go back down with an allen wrench and remove it soon.

I was soon underway again and motor/sailed the remaining 12 miles.  I arrived at my anchorage, just north of the Seabreeze/Oakridge Bridge (at the north end of Daytona) . 


           George Musson Bascule Bridge




Checking the windex while motoring?

No comments:

Post a Comment